Tips to Prepare for a VIRTUAL MEDIATION, DEPOSITION, OR MEETING
Covid 19 has changed doing business in new and sometimes challenging ways.
The old face-to-face meeting has become history in many places, especially with legal matters.
Nowadays communications have become virtual.
Virtual means meetings of attorneys with their client as well as meetings in general are held with a computer or smart phone. Where you (the caller) now referred to as the “host” and the other party or parties (invitees) can see and hear each other while physically being in another location (sometimes in another office, or city, or state) on Earth.
This can go very smoothly with the proper planning.
Here are some tips to help avoid problems:
- Download an app called “ZOOM.” This app is free provided you don’t have a large group,and do not plan on a long conversation.
- Your information will remain confidential since attendees are INVITED to join the meeting.
- Start early and rehearse your client on using ZOOM and avoid technical problems.
- A private call before the actual meeting can assist your client and make them comfortable with process.
- Have a charger ready to assure no battery failures.
- Have all documents nearby so you do not need to move to get them.
- Keep phone numbers of participants at hand in case you accidentally drop out.
- Have water within reach so you are hydrated.
- Remember this pandemic has caused all of us to adjust to the “new normal” so be flexible.
Contact Liat Cohen,Esq. to guide you through before legal issues arise:
Below are a few services that LIAT COHEN LAW OFFICES CAN provide to you.
- Zealously represent you both in court & out
- Consult with you and advise you
- Independent legal research
- Ensure both you and your employees are fairly treated
- Keep you updated on employer obligations
- Real Estate transactions
- Write legal documents
- Intellectual property litigation
Please contact us for advice at
STAY SAFE STAY HEALTHY
Schedule A Free Consultation
Feel free to reach out to Liat for a free initial consultation to discuss how she can help you solve your legal problems.