Family Leave Big Changes
Effective January 1, 2021 if you are an employer with 5 or more employees, the CFRA allows employees to take up to 12 weeks of unpaid leave to care for their own serious health condition –(other than pregnancy related medical conditions) or to care for a family member with a serious health condition.
Employers of all sizes should review their existing leave policies because small employers who never had to previously comply with CFRA/FMLA leave and large employers who have worksites in California will need to develop policies and procedures for these new leave requirements and provide CFRA leave to all employees in California.
Consult Liat Cohen, Esq. your Employment/Labor attorney 818.579.9996 to update your policy and employee handbook.
Below are a few services that LIAT COHEN LAW OFFICES can provide to you.
- Zealously represent you both in court & out
- Consult with you and advise you
- Independent legal research
- Ensure both you and your employees are fairly treated
- Keep you updated on employer obligations
- Real Estate transactions
- Write legal documents, company handbooks & more
- Business and employment litigation
Please contact us for advice at
STAY SAFE STAY HEALTHY
Schedule A Free Consultation
Feel free to reach out to Liat for a free initial consultation to discuss how she can help you solve your legal problems.