- Select an experienced business attorney and accountant. Your accountant should be able to plan and recommend strategies … not just do your taxes.
- Set up the right business structure. Note: if you are a sole proprietor all of your personal assets are in danger if your business is sued.
- Be sure your agreements with outside vendors and suppliers are legally binding.
- Create a file for every employee. Failure could mean fines and shutting down business.
- Get proper business insurance and employment liability insurance.
- Get copyrights, patents, and trademarks to prevent stealing of ideas and information.
Do you have a similar legal problem?
Liat Cohen has been practicing law in the Los Angeles Area for over 25 years. If you have experienced a similar issue, feel free to contact her for a free initial consultation to discuss how she can help you solve your legal problems.